This is my first link-up! Joining with Kelly at This Ain’t the Lyceum for 7 Quick Takes, because all the cool bloggers are doing it 😉
1. We finally planned a weekend getaway for our anniversary. We’ll be staying at a little Bed and Breakfast in Lancaster and doing some shopping and sightseeing. I can’t wait! You can see some pics of the place we are staying on their website.
2. I have been eating really crappy lately and I’m thinking of doing a cleanse. Not a juice cleanse or drinking any crazy stuff, but more like a Whole 30. Well, maybe a Whole 10. I just want to eat clean for a few days and avoid sugar, white flour, caffeine, and processed foods. I know I’ll feel better, but it takes planning, and I’m not sure if I have the motivation for that right now.
3. $1 Flip Flop Day is coming up at Old Navy in a couple weeks, and I’m so excited!! Every year I want to go and I never make it there. Maybe this year will be my year. I know it is probably insane, but I want to do it at least once. There are three within a 30 minute drive from me, I just need to decide which would be most likely to be the least crowded.
4. Reading Kathryn’s Disney recap posts makes me want to plan a family trip to Disney. It would be so nice to go with my husband’s family because (a) We only get to see them once or twice a year and (b) they actually have kids. Maybe next summer. And Hubby’s never been to Disney! (Except for Hollywood Studios once back when it was still MGM.) And it’s been about 10 years for me.
5. Any book suggestions are welcome. I’m looking for a book that I can get lost in. My criteria are (1) not too intense, (2) not too flowery/romantic, (3) not too long. I am having trouble getting into a new book. I just finished To All the Boys I Have Loved Before by Jenny Han, though, and I really enjoyed that one.
6. The whole Duggar scandal has me really sad. Mostly because I really liked the show, and now I can’t watch it anymore.
7. Enjoy your weekend! Hubby and I both have to work a bit, but hopefully there will be time for relaxing, too!